We are happy to report at this time that we have had more than two successful months of preschool – the precautions we have taken with social distancing, mask-wearing, cleaning & disinfecting, and physical set-up of the school have paid off!
These precautions come from the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care’s Guidelines for Health and Safety, which we have followed and, in some cases, exceeded in order to keep our children, staff, and families safe. Along with many other preschool programs, we have had to make some major changes to our enrollment, staffing, equipment, and facility to implement these protocols, which has put a financial strain on school operations.
While it has been difficult and somewhat stressful to implement some of the changes, we have seen a benefit of the smaller staff:child ratio – teachers have really established wonderful relationships with their classes and have even more in-depth understandings of each child’s progress and development.
As the guidelines for next September will likely not be known to us for some time, we have decided to move forward with these smaller classes and lower ratios for the 2021-2022 school year. In order to sustain the school, we are implementing a tuition increase as reflected in the tuition chart below.
Due to smaller classes, space will be limited in each session.
There will be fewer slots available in each session; three sessions will be offered: Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings; Tuesday/Thursday mornings; Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday afternoons
All sessions will be three hours
Unfortunately, no discounts for multiple children, military, early registration, or multi-day schedules will be available due to pandemic situation
Children must be three years-old by November 1, 2021
- Starting at noon on Tuesday, December 1, 2020, we will accept online registrations from CURRENT FAMILIES in the order in which they are received.
- Starting at noon on Friday, December 4, 2020, we will accept online registrations from PRIORITY PAUSED FAMILIES in the order in which they are received.
- Starting at noon on Monday, December 7, 2020, we will accept online registrations from ALUMNI FAMILIES in the order in which they are received.
- Starting at noon on Wednesday, December 9, 2020, we will accept online registrations from GENERAL PUBLIC FAMILIES in the order in which they are received.
- If you are unable to submit an online form, please speak to the Director for assistance with the process.
- Upon submission of registration, within 48 hours, you will receive an invoice through QuickBooks for registration fee and deposit. These can be paid through QuickBooks by credit card or bank account draw, or at school by cash or check. Registrations will be processed once registration fee and deposit are received.
- To reserve a space in a morning session, you must submit a non-refundable $200 registration fee and $200 deposit. The $200 deposit will be deducted from tuition. The registration fee and deposit MUST be received to guarantee your child’s space until the first tuition payment is made.
- Notification of session received will be sent by email once we have received a registration, registration fee and deposit.
- Families will be given their first, second, or third choice as available. If your session of preference is filled, you may choose to be placed on a wait list. If you do not want to be placed on a wait list, we will refund your registration fee and deposit. Sunshine Preschool reserves the right to cancel any session due to insufficient enrollment and will return your deposit if we do not offer a session that fits your schedule.
- Parents are urged to visit the school prior to admission. Please call or email for an appointment. Viewing the facilities and understanding our school philosophy are necessary before making the decision to choose Sunshine as the right preschool.
- If you are applying for Hopkinton Public Preschool and your child is accepted to receive special services,your $200 deposit will be refunded if you give us notice by March 31st. No refunds for this decision can be made after this date.
- Tuition is due for all weeks of school. There will be NO allowances or make-up days for absenteeism. School days canceled due to circumstances beyond our control (weather, flooding, communicable disease epidemic, acts of nature, and other conditions that may pose safety hazards) will not be made-up.
- All students are expected to complete the school year. The first tuition payment is due on May 15th and is there is no refunding of scheduled tuition payments. A minimum of 60 days’ notice is required in case of necessary withdrawal for those paying semi-annually or yearly.
- Please be prompt with your tuition payments. Installment payments are due on the fifteenth of May, July, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, and April. Late payments without director approval will be subject to a $10/month late fee.
- Students who will not be three years old before September 1, 2021 will be charged a Nursery Class fee of $300 to cover a lower teacher to student ratio.
*Other payment arrangements can be made with the director.