1. The philosophy of the school is to provide a warm, safe, accepting environment where the child may grow as an individual. The school will foster the child’s total development in the areas of social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth through a multi-sensory approach to developmentally appropriate activities.
2. The School’s primary goals are to help each child develop a positive self-image, to foster the development of self-confidence as an individual, to foster an awareness of others, and to encourage positive peer relationships.
3. Sunshine Preschool’s developmental philosophy is to offer tasks at which children can succeed, as well as appropriate challenges, and an introduction to basic readiness concepts through play. Learning domains will include:
4. Teachers interact intentionally with children to purposefully challenge, scaffold, and extend their learning through hands-on activities and discovery. Children build and develop skills vital to a successful transition to Kindergarten.
5. Sunshine Preschool emphasizes acceptance and respect of social and cultural diversity of our families and society including age, gender, language and abilities through our teaching methods, activities and play materials.
Sunshine Preschool’s mission is to provide a high-quality, developmentally appropriate preschool program where children learn through play, and to meet the needs of the individual child’s total growth. Our teachers plan curriculum, intentionally teaching to achieve goals for their students based on the Massachusetts State Guidelines for Learning Experiences, National Association for the Education of Young Children, and Teaching Strategies GOLD Assessment Model. With guidance from our teachers in an enriching environment, skills are fostered for a successful transition to kindergarten.